27 August 2005

JusLo's Blog Explores the Fruit of the Spirit






"The purpose of God in creating man hath been, and will ever be, to enable him to know his Creator and to attain His Presence." -- Baha'u'llah



You know, originally I thought having a blog would allow me to update readers of my four other websites on new changes, new articles, etc.

But after reviewing the content of my posts over the past few months, I find that a better purpose for this blog might be to use it as a means to get in touch with my spiritual side. After all, the health of the body and the mind will fade away while the life of the spirit lives on throughout eternity. So why not spend some time cultivating it. Why not spend some time seeking spiritual enlightenment?

Spiritual health and divine happiness through prayer and meditation on the Word of God will be of great use to me when I leave this world and transition to my new home in the realm of eternity.

Exploring concepts such as the purpose of creation or the meaning of life or even the purpose of religion are subjects that intrigue me and even inspire me. But more than that, I find that when I am delving into the life of the spirit, I gain the added benefit of feeling peaceful and serene. It's an excellent opportunity for me to take my mind off my work and place my intention on the thing that I hold near and dear to my heart, namely my service to His kingdom.

So, here's a heads up to a blog that will be devoted almost exclusively to an exporation of the things of the spirit.

It's really funny how things just seem to evolve. I can remember when I published my first website two years ago, and how the experts told me to narrow my focus. I had wanted to do a site on how to achieve a healthy Mind Body and Spirit, but scaled it down to a site entitled "Nutritional-Supplements-at-HealingwithFoods.com"

Of course I eventually turned that into Recalling Health to Mind Body and Spirit because no matter what anyone said I could never justifiably separate the three entities. To do so would have probably earned me more money from my sites, but having a holistic approach to health and healing probably benefits my readers more. (And having a popular and respected health site of more than 150 pages also serves me well in getting any new sites I publish ranked by the search engines with lightening speed. And that's important because the sooner Google and Yahoo and MSN know I am up and running, the sooner my readers can find the information they seek.)

So I guess this site is really a blog for the Spirit section of my RecalllingHealth.com website.

And that seems in keeping with the fact that one of my favorite quotes reads:

"O Son of Light! Forget all save Me and commune with My spirit. This is the essence of My command, therefore turn onto it."--Baha'u'llah


And another one reads:

"There is nothing sweeter in the world of existence than prayer. Man must live in a state of prayer. The most blessed condition is the condition of prayer and supplication. Prayer is conversation with God. The greatest attainment or the sweetest state is none other than conversation with God. It creates spirituality, creates mindfulness and celestial feelings, begets new attractions of the Kingdom and engenders the susceptibilities of the higher intelligence." -- 'Abdu'l-Baha


Did you know that prayer did all that? Everytime I read that I get excited.

So I decided that since I am charged with reciting the verses of God daily anyway, why not use this blog to share some of the spiritual insights gained from those Holy Words with you.

It's all good.

This is Lo and I gotta go...

No comments: